06 March 2006

Up Late... Rambling Thoughts...

    What the heck am I doing up so late? No idea.
    This past week has been an interesting one for me. A lot has happened in my life. I was talking to G earlier tonight, and was telling her that I think I'm at a similar point in my life as I was at last year at this time. I dunno, it's been hard at the store recently. A lot of stuff has been going down. Most of it has been problems with one of the other partners in the corporation. Conflict of philosophies and ways of operating the business. It's amazing to see how money can come between people so easily.
    In all honesty, I'm burnt out from work.
    I've been running that store and on-call from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 6 days a week, for the past two and a half months. On a related side note, I'm sorry to all my friends that I've seemingly blown off, ignored, or otherwise been out of touch with for the month of February. Honestly, the moment I got home at 11-ish, I was too tired to deal with most people. In fact, there was one week in there where I wasn't online at all. The other weeks... uhh... sorry I was ignoring you all. :-D
    Anyway, as a result of the conflict, my mother and I have indefinitely extracted ourselves from the daily operations of the store.
    Amazingly enough, God provides. My mother is back in the groove of things in her old business and meeting with clients again who are booking weddings for this upcoming year. I have also received word that I may have a real "office-ey" kind of job lined up that I could work at before leaving for school in the fall.
    We played a game at the Teachers' Fellowship today. We were asked to come up with a couple items which can be used to describe us. The list of things was as follows: a color, an animal, a dance move, a sound, a movie, a book of the Bible, and a car. My list was as follows: silver, dog, salsa, railroad crossing bell, Proverbs, and the Mercedes S55. I left the movie one blank because I could think of one on the spot. But if I think about it now, I would definitely pick "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."
    I watched "Eternal Sunshine" again tonight. Every time I watch it, I am reminded of myself when I watch Jim Carrey's character, Joel.
    At the beginning of the movie, he is a timid, plain guy. But through the meeting of Kate Winslet's character, Clementine, Joel is able to break out of his shell. The relationship became very blas?.
    Now I'm tired. I shall continue these thoughts later...

No comments: