02 October 2007

Reading Week Can Not Come Soon Enough...

Fifteen hours of Graduate-Level work, a happy seminarian does not make...
This is the first blog entry I've made in this thing in a long while. I'm not too sure why I feel so compelled to write here today. Perhaps it is some innate masochistic desire to make my last few days before reading week a living hell. Yeah... me and my self-destructive tendencies...

Surprisingly enough, I have found myself drawn closer to God through my studying (what I get done on time, that is) .
However, I now know what it means to be a liberal in the context of theology. While I don't like to compare... I guess it's the only way to discuss it in this setting.

In the past month, I have found myself to be not conservative. At the same time, I have found myself to be not liberal. The cool thing is, for some reason I find myself not being as judgmental as I thought I could have been. Granted, I don't agree with the people who are a little more on the conservative end, nor do I agree with the people who are a little more on the liberal end... But I don't neccessarily find their beliefs to be "wrong." Does that even make sense?

Well. That's it. I gotta get back to reading the entire book of Matthew.
Reading week... Oh how I long for thee...

No comments: